02 03 Maple Tree: [Shiseido] - Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam Review 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

[Shiseido] - Senka Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam Review

34
Perfect Whip, AKA Marshmallow Foam Review

Foam cleansers are one of the basic steps of the Asian Skincare Routine (Read my Masterpost here), and also one of my favourites. There's something about creating bubble foam beards which just appeals to the inner child in me! 

The Shiseido Perfect Whip cleanser is one of the most popular products I saw when I was in Japan. Even in my cousin’s home there were a couple of tubes of it on the shelf. It has a legendary youtube advert . As soon as I saw that I knew I had to try it out and see if I could get as much foam as promised! So I purchased this in a conbini (convenience store) and took it home to England to try out.
Shiseido is a widely recognised brand, and most people associate it as a luxury brand, however they do have a line of skincare products which are great for the budget conscious. This foam is one of them and you can get it without breaking the bank.





Brand Statement:
A rich foam cleanser which can dissolve makeup and draw out impurities from the pores. Contains hydrating agents, including amino acid, for smoothing and maintaining the natural moisture of the skin. This cleanser forms as a soft and rich peak, acting as a "cushion" to protect the skin from harsh cleansing motion. Meanwhile, it penetrates into the pores to clean impurities and excess sebum. Skin becomes clean, soft and hydrated. 


Ingredients:
Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glucol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glotamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

Where to Buy:
YesStyle
£4.75 - UK Site
$6.69 - US Site


Amazon
£4.50 - UK Site
$8.99 - US Site

Packaging:
Simple blue tube. I like products which are in tube packaging as I just feel that they’re more hygienic if I’m not dipping something into it everyday. 


Product & Scent:
This is super fun to use. While it doesn’t create the mountain of foam that there is in the advert it does lather up nicely. It’s a white cream with a stringy texture which lathers up into a soft creamy foam.
A clean scent. Sorry that that’s not super descriptive! But it kinda smells like I imagine clean does, a little bit chemically and floral.

Directions of Use:
First wet whatever beauty aid you’re using, foaming net or konjac sponge. Squeeze a pea sized amount onto the foaming net or konjac sponge to lather up. You do this by rubbing the net between your two hands, gradually adding drops of water as needed. With the konjac sponge you give yourself a grip workout! Keep squeezing until foam appear. I find the net works better when you’re creating your marshmallow mountain. You can try to lather it up with just your hands but this is more effort and takes longer to do. Massage gently onto face and splash of with water.You can try to lather it up with just your hands but this is more effort and takes longer to do. Massage gently onto face and splash of with water.


For those with a clarisonic Snow has a rave review on using this product with her brush:
Snow's Review

Review:
I use to use this as my second cleanser. By itself the Perfect Whip is not super effective at removing make up/suncream, like most foaming cleansers, so to ensure I have a clean face I always double cleanse as a matter of course. This is one of the better foams in terms of texture that I’ve tried, its super soft and feels good on your skin. It left my skin feeling clean but not tight which was great.
There was only one issue I later discovered… the pH. Now there’s still debate in the beauty community on how important the pH of a product is and if it actually does make an impact. Personally I used the Perfect Whip without knowing about the pH and was pretty happy with it. My skin didn't seem to have any negative effects. But essentially the reason that pH matters is because acne and bacteria don’t thrive in an acidic environment, and your natural pH is between 4-6 (acidic). Skin and Tonics has a great explanation on the acid mantle here: 
The importance of the acid mantle.
As a precaution I stopped using it on my face. But I don’t like wasting products so I re-purposed this into my shaving foam, and my legs have never felt smoother!
I've actually since bought more of these solely for my legs. 

Pros
+ Great Lathering Action
+ Softens Skin
+ Effective
+ Affordable

Cons
-  High PH

Rating:

Rating System:
1/5 = Should be taken off the market \and the product designer sent to the corner
2/5 = Does not live up to it's claims and would not buy or recommend
3/5 = Decent product, no miracle worker but a closet placeholder until a better one is found
4/5 = Now we're talking! Lives up to it's claim and would buy again
5/5 = We have a Holy Grail people. This is not a drill. Will buy till the end of time.

Final Thoughts:
I really enjoyed using this as a foaming cleanser. I found that it was effective and really did lather up, it really brought out the kid in me whipping it up. Sadly the high pH means that it couldn’t become my HG cleanser.
 However what it has now become is my HG shaving foam for my legs! I find it really helps hydrate my legs and makes the shaving experience a lot more stress-free. I received those two lovely tubes from my mum for Christmas, so my legs are going to be super smooth for a year
J


Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38